Friday, September 24, 2010

Book Blogger Hop #5 - And the Launch of a Contest! Sep 24-27

This is a weekly event hosted by Jen at Crazy For Books. It's a chance to discover new blogs and to garner new readers for your blog as well. 

This Week's Question ...When you write reviews, do you write them as you are reading or wait until you have read the entire book?

The reviews I write? I don't write too many of them. Most of the time, I try to review it the day I finish reading - or else I put them off for a month, and let myself just marinate in my thoughts about book for a while. I have to do this to prevent my exuberance about reading say, the final book in a series, carry over into my opinion on the book.

Today I'm launching a brand new CONTEST!! *YAY*
Just check out the Contest Post to enter!
Other FREE Stuff this week: Free Story from Neil Gaiman
Posts: Why book publishing needs to Change
The new ebook readers entering the market, price, and benefits for us readers:Multiplying Like Rabbits 
 
Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. How do you feel about the ones you do the day of vs. the ones you do later? Do you see a difference in your reviews?

    Check out my Hop here:
    Book Blogger Hop, Follow Friday and a Giveaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow, good question! :) No idea....perhaps its better when I'm in the middle? Cause I have more ideas about what to say.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay for a contest!

    You know, I always wait to do my reviews till I'm done reading, simply because I read so fast, and it messes up my pace if I try to take notes while reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Following you back from Crazy-For-Books! I'm excited to see what you come up with.

    www.benterudbookshelf.blogspot.com
    Pris

    ReplyDelete
  5. The contest is now up and can be entered using this form here:
    Giveaway at e-Volving Books

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post!
    Just stopping by the hop to say hi!!
    Here's mine if your interested:
    http://bookmarkyourthoughts.blogspot.com/2010/09/book-blogger-hop-september-24th.html
    There's an important link at the bottom for a lost Author.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hopping back, thanks for visiting my blog! Happy weekend :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just hopping by....

    Stop by my blog if you get a chance for the answer to this week's questions…it was my question that was chosen…pretty neat.

    I also have a lot of reviews you may want to check out.

    Happy Hopping, Everyone....hop on over to my blog to see MY answer to MY question. :)

    http://silversolara.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a really good point - sometimes when you love a series, it's hard not to judge a book by the others, rather than on its own merit. When I first read Breaking Dawn, I loved it by mere virtue of my insane anticipation of its release. But after re-reading and thinking about it a little, I started to take issue with some of the more...um...questionable aspects of the plot lol.

    Thanks so much for stopping by my site! I love your site background =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. @Casey - Oh, that is a great example :D Good call. And your site is super..

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ladies, I can use some help with figuring out what to do with ppl who got extra entries in my contest. How do you pick a winner and ensure that the extra entries get counted?

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog! Why don't you review every book you read?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for hopping by my blog! I also try to review the book very soon after finishing, otherwise all the details get fuzzy in my memory :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @WonderBunny - Because I am a terrible person and read faster than I can write :) No, actually I feel there are already so many awesome reviewers out there, so I try to bring something new to the mix.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts