Monday, March 7, 2011

Review: The Wise Man's Fear by Patrick Rothfuss

This blog has been quiet this week - and this would be because March 1st heralded the release of The Wise Man's Fear (Kingkiller Chronicles, Day 2), by Rothfuss. I mean, this week has been HUGE in fantasy book releases, you know? We also had Malazan #10 release on the same day, I haven't read this tome and won't until I re-read the earlier books.

I digress.

Patrick Rothfuss amazed me in his Debut novel, The Name of the Wind (Kingkiller Chronicles, Day 1). The amazing magic theory and system reached out and grabbed my imagination. I was on fire! Reading this multiple times didn't dim the beauty of the story, and my interest in Kvothe. Completely unique in the fantasy echelon, this book is a breath of fresh air. 

My words fail me - I can't even describe The Wise Man's Fear.
I can link to my teaser of the story of the second day in the Kingkiller Chronicals - Not Teaser Tuesday and Why. I can talk about its slow buildup, astounding scope, and Kvothe's growth from a boy into a fighter, and a man.

Really, I can't do justice to this world and series. I would recommend that you buy it for yourself and see. Experience this fantastic world of Kvothe. Go to the Collegium with him, burn with his thirst of knowledge. Drink and play music with his friends, struggle through tuition payments and set off to earn fame and fortune. Make enemies who will curse you for a lifetime, be seduced by a Fae dream, and master fighting.
Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. I adored The Name of the Wind. I really need to get my hands on a copy of The Wiseman's Fear, ASAP, so I can keep on reading about Kvothe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those are really interesting and inspiring words for the book and the series.. Hope to get hold of them sometimes soon..

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Vee - I've been broadcasting Patrick's name at work, and I'm hoping to find a copy of The Name of the Wind at my local indie bookstore so I can gift this to people.

    @Jyoti - It is not too hard to find, you should be able to get the first book anywhere :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts