Saturday, October 9, 2010

24 Hour Read-a-Thon

The 24 Hour Read-a-thon is Oct 9th, 5:30 PM India time.

This is my first read-a-thon, and I'm excited to hear/take part in this global event. 
Unfortunately, I am sadly under-prepared.
Not only do I not have any food at home, I also am running out of books to read. I'm now planning on starting my reading a little earlier, say around 11 AM, take a break for lunch and books, and then let the enthusiasm of the new library finds carry me through most of the night.

 Weekly Geeks asks some questions that have awakened me to my lack of proper preparation for the Read-a-thon.
1. Do I have a strategy?
(Just making up one now) I'm going to read mostly Fantasy and Detective fiction. If I can find a good graphic novel, I'll read that in the middle to keep my interest up. Oh, and great music, coffee, chocolate cookies are part of the grand plan.
Alpha (Shifters Book 6) 
2. Do you have a stack of books prepared to read from?
I've saved "Alpha" for today (by accident, really) so that could be fun.
I want to read a book or two on my laptop at least, and the rest on paper for some variety.

Out of the DarkIf not so good, I'm going to jump to Out of the Dark by David Weber, who is a very reliable space fantasy author.
I'm also half-way through Conan Iggulden's Lord of the Silver bow, and I have no idea if half-books count towards this (maybe if I converted it into pages?)

3. I'm going to go for number of books,but also count pages.

4. If you have others living in your household, do you have to work around their schedules too?
I do have people I need to have to work around, but I can't really tell them that I am unavailable  (*cough* in-laws). I have cleared it with my husband, but the poor soul has no idea how serious the read-a-thon gets!

*update*  I am now back from my library, and here is a picture of what I got:

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Don't let food hamper your evemt....order in all day :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am participating and hosting a mini challenge! I am so excited.
    Good luck!

    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Rohit - :) how nice!

    @Brandi - that is great, I'll take part in it for sure.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts