Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Teaser Tuesday #34: The Foundling's Tale Series by Cornish

I was in a slump of books, before starting the Foundling's tale series, by D. M. Cornish. I know I need to pick up things off my Goodreads TBR list (next time!), but somehow that never seems to happen. Luckily, I had time to drop into my library this week, and stumble across this unlikely YA series about monsters and monster slayers.
I say unlikely, because the writing is not your usual YA style. While the story is told from the point of view of a 15 year old boy, the style is slower and fuller than the average YA fantasy.
I've read both Foundling and The Foundling's Tale, Part Two: Lamplighter this week, and am hoping to finish The Foundling's Tale, Part Three: Factotum this week. Here's the teaser:

"Hpmf!" Europe pursed her lips. "What I'd like to know is this: when does adventure stop and violence begin? Answer me that and we'll both be wiser."
Fansitart had been right after all: lahzars were strange and discomfiting folk.

I'm looking forward to adding at least 5 new Follows this week, so let me know if you follow me, or have something new to say about ebooks/authors/publishing/fantasy.  I will be on your site, commenting away!
***
Teaser Tuesdays is hosted at Should Be Reading.


Teaser Tuesdays
Pin It!

18 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I haven't heard of this one before but it does intrigue me :)

    Jules

    Mine is from The making of us by Lisa Jewell

    http://thegreatthegoodandthebad.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for stopping by my blog!

    Your teaser does indeed sound interesting :) Happy reading

    Nickey @ The Book Shop Assistant

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH Man, I love the cover and the title to Monster Blood Tattoo - it sounds good, although when the voice doesn't really match the character (i.e., very "literate" words coming from a street tough) it tends to frustrate me, I like the characters to sound as they're described. Know what I mean?

    lol - that is a sereiously creepy cover. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing one.. I hardly read thus genre but ur reviews and teasers do tempt me.. I have my teaser from Room..


    http://jbabel.blogspot.com/2011/04/9-teaser-tuesday.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love when I find the book that pulls me out of a slump. Here's mine:

    http://bookbelle0819.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday_26.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just the cover makes me want to read the book!! Great teaser!

    Here's mine: http://peskypiksipesternomi.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuesday-5.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. This one sounds kind of goofy to me.

    We have one science fiction and two suspense ones this week:
    Here's the link to ours: http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/04/teaser-tuedays-enders-game-and-live-to.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I like this teaser - makes me want to read this book. I will be tracking it down:)

    Oh, and I've just become a follower of your blog.

    Tania

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mardel - Europe is no "street tough". She is a monster-slayer, a highborn woman, and very educated :)
    She and Rossamund (the young teen we see as the PoV voice in the series) are both from vastly different backgrounds, though Rossamund is a very polite young man - even being an orphan brought up in an orphanage.

    ReplyDelete
  10. They have such an unusual names...I enjoy your teaser.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful teaser. This makes me want to check it out!! Girl, no more book buying!

    :D

    Here is my Teaser Tuesday: THe Lincoln Lawyer by Michael Connelly post!

    ReplyDelete
  12. A very good question - thanks for your visit last week - I must get back to reading fantasy when the TBR pile recedes!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Interesting teaser!
    Makes me curious.
    Thnx for stopping by my blog today!

    Have a great day!
    Kyanara

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh, this one does sound intriguing...hope you enjoy it.

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  15. That is something I sometimes wonder with some of the books out there!


    Based on this teaser, I think Europe is someone I would like to read about.

    Teaser Tuesdays

    ReplyDelete
  16. Zakiya - Following you too :)

    Shirley - reading your teaser Right Now! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi Deepali,

    I have only just ventured out of my comfort zone and started on the contemporary paranormal romance genre, so your urban fantasy books may be too drastic a move just yet, but I'm working my way up to it.

    I do love the cover of your book this week though, very dramatic and atmospheric.

    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoa, looks good! Love that: "when does adventure stop and violence begin?" Brilliant!
    Thanks for stopping by my blog: I'm following you now, maybe helping with the 5. ;)
    Happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts