Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Teaser Tuesdays #33 Burning Bridges (Retrievers #4)

Those of you used to seeing my Teaser (after all, this is my 33rd!) might know that I tend to post usually from some book in a series, usually not the first.
Well, then this week isn't any different ;)
Laura Anne Gilman is a new author, one I've read for the first time over the last week.
Here's the teaser:
"What's going on here?"
He didn't mean to use his Dad-voice. Just like Lowell's tone, it always seemed to slip out when confronted by the two of them hissing and spitting like cats.
Another Teaser from the beginning of the book:
Wren Valere was spitting mad. Literally. Her arms ached, her leg muscles still burned, and she could feel the adrenaline still running in her body like a drug, despite having been home, safe, for twenty minutes and more.
"I hate my job, some days."
Mini Review: 
A good, gritty urban fantasy story. This wouldn't convert non-UF readers, but a decent read for those of us who crave a solid heroine-centric fantasy story.
While Laura has a well-paced writing style, I'm not sure you missed a lot if you missed one or two books before starting the series. Still, I'm going to keep reading the Retriever series this week. 
***
Teaser Tuesdays is hosted at Should Be Reading.
Teaser Tuesdays
Pin It!

5 comments:

  1. Intriguing teaser! What was she doing to get her adrenaline pumping ...

    Mine's from The Rook Trilogy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey this is a really good series.

    mine is here: http://storytreasury.wordpress.com/2011/04/19/teaser-tuesday-quicksilver/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kah - love your teasers :)
    Wren was just back from a tough Retrieving (aka stealing) job..

    Sonia - thanks! don't tell me how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great teasers! I can't remember if I read this one or not! I know I read some of the books in this series before I stopped.

    Thanks for visiting my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like something I should look into...thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts