Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Teaser Tuesday #25 - Year of the Griffin by Diana Wynn Jones

This week I'm on a Diana Wynn Jones readathon!
I borrowed Howl's Moving Castle from my library after watching the anime movie it was based on by Studio Ghibli. The book was so charming, different from the movie and still a wonderful read. Since then, I've read two other books by her - House of Many Ways and Fire & Hemlock which were really fantastic. Both were fantasy, but didn't recourse to the usual mix of mythology we see out there. From Year of the Griffin, Chapter 1:
“Hush!” said the griffin, probably whispering, too. It sounded like a very small scream.
“It may mean something magical.”
***
Do visit my Blogger Spotlight on Karen from The Slowest Bookworm
Fun Posts in December:
Review: Carousel Tides by Sharon Lee
Review: Foucault's Pendulum by Umberto Eco
8 Publishing Trends of 2010

Teaser Tuesdays is a weekly bookish meme, hosted by MizB of Should Be Reading.
 
Pin It!

15 comments:

  1. Nice teaser. Here's our teasers if you get a chance to stop by:
    http://ourstack.blogspot.com/2011/01/tuesday-teaer-dogwood-and-convent.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. I havent ever read DWJ - I should rectify that oversight!

    My teaser is here this week

    ReplyDelete
  3. EVERYONE should read her :) so accessible and fun.
    Your teasers are on my Firefox tabs now - will read.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Intriguing teaser ... certainly had me enchanted.

    Mine's here.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's one loud whisper then :) You can find my FEVERED teaser at The Bookish Snob

    ReplyDelete
  6. A whisper to a scream? *g* Not an author with whom I am familiar, but glad you are enjoying her. Thanks for visiting!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Never heard of this book before but it seems intriguing! I shall try it out. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooo that's a nice one. Something magical leads me to imagine so many possibilities.

    Great teaser! Thanks for dropping by.

    Michelle from Pineapples & Pyjamas

    ReplyDelete
  9. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday-high-spirits-tale-of.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thats a very mysterious teaser and intriguing as well.

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Teaser Tuesday!
    My teaser is here
    Please check out and comment on my interview with a wonderful nonprofit 'Mom to Madre' that helps spread literacy to families and helps mothers adjust to differences in their lives when going from one language to another! Thank you!

    Sincerely,
    Emma Michaels
    http://EmmaMichaels.Blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. This one sounds good. I like Diana Wynne Jones. I'll have to add it to my never-ending list. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I recently watched/read Howl's Moving Castle and I love both--I'm definitely checking out this book! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts