Friday, January 14, 2011

Friday Hop #17 - Jan14-16

Book Blogger HopThis is a weekly PARThosted by Jen at Crazy For Books. It's a chance to discover new blogs and to garner new readers for your blog as well.
Thanks for visiting! Remember, Follow me and get a Follow back!


"Why do I read my genre- Fantasy and Science Fiction?"
I know exactly why I love Fantasy - especially high fantasy: epic, world-creating, awe-inspiring sagas. This is a style of writing which is unencumbered by the realities of the world around us. A writer can take any number of liberties with the world around us, and create with truly no constraints.
While we all probably read some books outside our favorite genres, I usually read urban fantasy, space opera, crime thrillers and graphic novels - all some form of escapist literature!
What's your story? 
 If you want to hang around for a bit - read these:
Pin It!

13 comments:

  1. Hi, stopping by from the hop. :) I read more than one genre.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a variety of genres, so this week's question was kinda difficult for me...I tried to find some common thread between specific titles across genres and I narrowed it down to people and relationships...but I need those relationships to be deep and spider webbish ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hopping by...enjoy ur weekend.
    happy reading.

    carol

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never read sci-fi. Maybe I should try it sometime. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey.. to answer your question about the pics I post on my blog, I use picnik.com as my photo editor. I love playing around with photography & creating my own "look" to a photo. Thank you for the compliment!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the follow! If you like strong females in a space opera setting, try the Sirantha Jax series by Ann Aguirre! They're pretty darn awesome!

    Have a great weekend!
    Kristin
    MyBookishWays

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for stopping by Reading Lark! I haven't read a ton of fantasy books, but I am going to try to add more of them to my TBR list this year.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi! Just hopping through. Old follower.
    I hope you have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for stopping by my blog. Follow back if you get a chance. Space Opera....I am going to check that out!
    NC
    http://trulybookish.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  10. I read many genres, basically what grabs me at the moment. As for mystery, I cut my teeth on Mercedes Lackey's Valdemar series, which I'm known to re-read on occasion.

    ReplyDelete
  11. @Carol - Thanks :) Its been a great weekend so far, met some old friends and had a good time!
    @Gia - Start with the free books available at www.baen.com, perhaps with David Weber :)

    @Ginger - Wow!!

    @Kristin - I have read that series, and agree with you completely!

    @Andrea - Thanks :) Hope you enjoy them.
    @Carla - Love your latest blog post , keep them going..

    @Kat - I actually began my post-school fantasy odyssey with M. Lackey's Valdemar series too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for the sweet comments on Reading Lark. I'm a new follower. :)

    Tevya @ Reading Lark

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts