Wednesday, March 2, 2011

Not a Teaser Tuesday - and Why

The Wise Man's Fear (Kingkiller Chronicles, Day 2)The second book of Patrick Rothfuss' amazing debut novel The Name of The Wind (an earlier Teaser T. post), is now in my hands. Since today also happens to be a holiday in my part of the world, I don't think I will need to tell you that I will be reading (see hibernating) the entire day.

Since I'd like to leave you with a tantalizing gem of a line from Page 1 of Wise Man's Fear:
"It was deep and wide as autumn's ending. It was heavy as a great river-smooth stone. It was the patient, cut-flower sound of a man who is waiting to die."
What do you think? Would you want to read this? I know I'm super excited!

*update*
Seven chapters in, I've already laughed, cried, frowned thoughtfully and fumbled the name of my blog.
Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Great Teaser! I wonder what is the description abt.. abd from a man waiting to die.. Intriguing!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts