Friday, December 17, 2010

Blogger Spotlight - Julie from Book Hooked Blog

Introducing: Julie from Book Hooked Blog
Fav Recent Read: Falling Home by Karen White
What e-reader do you own and how did you get it?

Falling Home
I have a basic Nook.  I did some last minute edits on a book for my pastor.  As a thank you, he gave me a very nice gift card to Barnes and Noble and I made a quick decision to purchase a Nook!

Julie's Favorite thing about the Nook?
It is so easy to travel with!  In the past I've been the person trudging through the airport with a 20 lb carry-on full of books.  I never know what I'll be in the mood for, so even for overnight trips I'll end up bringing 3-5 books just in case.  Having the Nook makes it MUCH easier to have a variety of books in my purse at all times.
Click to read on about Julie and her reading habits! Mail me if you want a spotlight of your own!

When do you read a paper book and when do you pick up an ebook?
Barnes and Noble NOOK eBook Reader (WiFi only) [ Black & White ]
It really just depends on what I'm in the mood for.  I use my Nook almost exclusively for ebooks I've gotten from NetGalley or for free on the Barnes and Noble website.  So it depends on what books I have to read in print and what I've got on my Nook currently and what I'm in the mood for!  The formats don't make much of a difference to me (although the Nook is easier to read in bed than a heavy hardback)


Where do you like to read? Did that change with your Nook?
I almost exclusively read in bed.  Our bed was one of the big splurges we made when we got married and I am thankful for that decision every day.  I love curling up in bed with the cat and a good book.  I also have a home library with a comfy couch, but I still find myself heading to bed for most of my reading.  Having an e-reader just made it that more easy to fall asleep with a good book!
Julie's top-of-wishlist Magic Feature for her Nook?
This is a hard one. Maybe a coffee shop feature that would produce my favorite coffee shop drinks and pastries on command?
***
Visit Julie at Book Hooked Blog
Previous two Blogger Spotlights:
Charlotte from Lit Addicted Brit
Tina from One More Page
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for the comment! I will always reply to each comment, and if you leave a link, comment on your site as well.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails

Popular Posts